Does your organization have a vision to highlight and celebrate its diverse workforce? Do you want to inspire young students to think about careers available within your organization? If so, our organizations can help each other. Here’s how.
- Select up to ten (10) volunteers from your organization who celebrate diversity, are multi-cultural and multi-lingual. Because FLY’s curriculum (at this time) focuses on Spanish, French, Japanese or Mandarin, individuals with relationships to those languages and cultural communities are preferred (at this time).
- Those individuals volunteer 2-10 hours of their time over the course of 2 weeks:
- Building a PowerPoint presentation (FLY will provide a template, and detailed instructions to presenters)
- Delivering their presentation (30 minutes, online) to a group of students from around the U.S.A, grades 4-8
- At least one (1) of the volunteers should expect to be the liaison for your organization. The responsibilities of the liaison are to 1) be FLY’s point of contact for your organization, 2) select the volunteers within the organization, and 3) report the results of the program to your organization’s leadership.
FLY will provide:
- templates, sign-up forms, and instructional videos for delivering successful presentations to a young audience
- the webinar platform (Zoom) and
- a FLY Host for each presentation who will introduce the speaker and also monitor student Q&A
FLY will distribute information about your organization’s volunteer involvement to FLY’s distribution network, which (as of 2022) is approximately 138,000 families. FLY’s audience is mainly in Washington, Oregon, California and Idaho, but the organization is proud to have students in many states across the U.S.A.